Sunday, August 22, 2010

Assurance of Perseverance

This morning I read the following verse in Isaiah chapter 14: "For the LORD of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it?" (verse 27a, NASB) I like the translation of the English Standard Version: "For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it?" Then my mind turned to the topic of the assurance of perseverance. Some believe that it's possible to lose your authentic salvation, meaning that some genuine Christians may not persevere to the end. One of the many reasons I don't believe that is the application of Isaiah 14:27a to Romans 8:30, which promises that "these [genuine believers] whom He justified, He also glorified." In my 6:10am translation: no one, not even myself, can annul the purpose and plan of God that He will send to heaven each and every genuine believer. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment