Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Covenant vs. Dispensational Theology

I'm currently reading another book recommended by missionary Pastor Wayne Snyder here in Phnom Penh: "There Really is a Difference: A Comparison of Covenant and Dispensational Theology" (1990) by Renald E. Showers. I'm about half way through, and I highly recommend what I've read so far. I've been a Christian a little over 10 years and this is the first time I've read about these two views on the Bible's philosophy of history. This book is also my first in-depth exposure to a bunch of really neat Biblical issues that I knew very little about, such as the three Millennial views (Premillennialism, Amillennialism, Postmillennialism). I'm not sure yet which Millennial view I subscribe to, but this book is definitely helping me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment